This project involved construction of boardwalk and replacement of existing jetty, including installation of 273 mm piles into limestone, cutting and capping piles, and installation of structural steel for timber to be fixed to.
• 6m wide, 200 m long boardwalk that was curved around Manjar Bay
• In-house fabrication of all steel structures and piles.
• Use of certified sustainable jarrah timber.
• Reconstruction of a pre-existing historical jetty and gazebo.
• All work completed to specifications, and within quality, time and budget constraints.
• Large construction site with a number of other trades on site. Pre- start meetings with other contractors and liaison for co-ordination of works was needed.
• Working in front of new hotel complex with limited access.
• Capstone encountered, and 6 piles needed to be drilled into the rock.